Modern Gravity COVID-19 Safety Protocols
What should I expect when coming in for an appointment?
We’ve made a lot of changes to help prevent the possible spread of COVID-19 and some of these changes (as well as provincial guidelines) require some new procedures for when you come in for your appointment. Please read through this list before you arrive, and feel free to call us if you have any questions (780-424-0303).
- Do not come in to float if you are experiencing any symptoms of illness. We’re happy to give anyone a refund if they need to cancel because they are feeling any COVID symptoms.
- We’re asking that all appointments are paid for ahead of time, either by booking online or by giving us your credit card info over the phone. No cash will be accepted.
- If this is the first time you’ve ever floated with us (or if you just need a refresher), please watch our walkthrough video before coming in for your appointment.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please wait in your vehicle or outside until 5-minutes before your appointment. Feel free to text us when you arrive and we can let you know if you can come in early.
- We ask that when you come in you please keep a safe distance (2m) from staff and other customers. We will bring you to your room as soon as possible.
- We highly recommend everyone wear a mask when entering our shop. Please bring your own mask. You may remove it once you enter your float room.
- When you exit your float room at the end of your session, please proceed directly to the exit. We’re trying to minimize any possible interactions between clients.
Have you made any changes to keep everyone safe?
Float tanks by their nature are very low risk environments when it comes to the spread of coronavirus. The CDC has stated that there is no evidence that COVID-19 can spread through recreational water and the fact that we’re a business whose primary service is isolation means that interaction between people was already naturally at a minimum.
That being said, we have spent the time during our closure changing many of our procedures and equipment to help make sure the entire environment of our shop is geared towards reducing any likelihood of disease transmission.
Here are the changes we’ve made to help prevent the spread of coronavirus:
- We’ve adjusted our schedule to reduce the number of floats we offer in a day so we can complete a longer disinfection pass in each room between float sessions, along with decreasing the likelihood of customers running into each other.
- It has always been and will continue to be our practice to run a filtration cycle on the salt solution in the float tank after every client. This involves running the entire salt solution through a 1-10 micron filter and past a UV disinfection system, in addition to the use of hydrogen peroxide.
- Our lobby will be closed to seating and everyone will be asked to go directly to their float room upon entering our shop and asked to please exit our shop after their appointment.
- Everyone will be asked to wait in their car until 5-minutes before their appointment and text us when they arrive to see if they can come in earlier.
- Our staff will be wearing masks at all times and of course will be asked to stay home if they’re experiencing any symptoms.
- We have reduced our staff to only have one person in our shop at a time to reduce potential transmission. Your patience is much appreciated!
- Our staff will maintain a 1-2m distance from you as much as possible. For first timers, we have a walkthrough video that can be watched before arrival.
- We’ll also be doing regular disinfection of all contact points throughout our space and have hand sanitizer at the front-desk to use before bringing you back to your room.
Thank-you for your understanding and consideration with all of these changes. We’re excited to be able to provide Edmonton with floats again and are determined to do so in as safe a manner as we can. Please reach out to us if you have any further questions or concerns.
PS: “Air high-fives” will always be welcomed and encouraged.